On March 16, I had the opportunity to meet with some of the lawyers of the Northwest Colorado Bar Association in Steamboat Springs. I gave a CLE presentation on "Ethical Considerations in the Use of Freelance Legal Services." I especially love giving this presentation to lawyers in rural Colorado because they are mostly solo/small firm practitioners--and that's a group that can really benefit from freelance work and extra support from time to time. I also especially love giving this presentation in another ski town!
The CLE covers:
- basic terminology and arrangements within the freelance legal services context
- disclosure to the client
- confidentiality issues
- conflicts of interest issues
- billing for freelance legal services
- working with freelance lawyers in other jurisdictions
- fee agreements with freelance lawyers
Thanks again for having me!